The building where B&R Farm Equipment Inc. currently resides, was once known as Walter's Feed Mill in the early 1900's. The owner's son Ben took over the business in the 1940's, naming it Ben H. Walter. Ben decided not to continue with the feed mill business, but instead focused on barn supplies and agricultural equipment. In the spring of 1974, Ben hired an energetic and motivated young man named Kenneth E. Roush who was still in college. After graduating in the Fall with a degree in Automotive Technology from Williamsport Area Community College (W.A.C.C.), Ken became a full-time employee in the service department at Ben H. Walter.
On November 15, 1980, Ken and Earl Boonie Jr., an employee in the parts department, bought the busines and turned it into the corporation that is still known today as B&R Farm Equipment. Ken became the president of the corporation and Earl took on the positions of Treasurer and Secretary. B&R's main equipment lines were Allis Chalmers and New Holland. In 1985, Allis Chalmers was bought out by Deutz, and therein became known as Deutz Allis. In 1987, New Holland was bought by Ford changing the company name to Ford New Holland.
In 1989, Earl decided to retire and the Roush's bought out the business, making Ken the President, Secretary and Treasurer. In the early 90's Deutz Allis was bought out by Agco, and one of B&R's main equipment lines then became known as Agco Allis. A few years later, B&R discontinued selling their equipment and became solely a parts dealer for Agco Allis. Also, in the mid-nineties, came a great change when Fiat company of Italy bought Ford New Holland. The majority of B&R's equipment sales from then up until today, have been attributed to their main equipment line, New Holland.
In the 90's the Roush's revamped the exterior appearance of the building and gave it a much more appealing look. The next major change in the history of this business came when B&R signed with New Holland in the Fall of 2006 to take on a second dealership in Milroy, PA. The location was picked, contracts with Morton Buildings were signed and ground was finally broken in June of 2007. After many grueling months of preparation and a lot of man hours to get the dealership finished, the grand opening was held on November 17, 2007 with a big turnout and an appearance from country music star, Michael Peterson. The satellite store off of the Milroy exit on route 322 now has fully operating parts, sales and service departments.